Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekly Favorites For September 11, 2011

I couldn't post my usual list today without saying anything about September 11th. I remember where I was when I heard the news back in 2001. We had just sat down at our desks for English class when our teacher told us that the two towers of the World Trade Center had been hit. As the morning went on, we heard about the Pentagon and the plane crash in Pennsylvania. I remember walking past the library at different parts of the day and it was unusually full with all the TV's on. I'm sorry for the families who have been affected by this tragedy and the innocent lives that were lost. It's unfortunate that people have so much hatred, but people here in our country really came together to help each other that day. I think that's what we should remember from that day is how people helped each other and stuck together.

Read September 11 tributes here and here.

1.
Apple Pie Play-dough
A fall themed play-dough activity.

2.
Bouncing Bubbles
How to make bubbles that don't pop.

3.
Bubble Mountains on Aluminum Foil
A neat science activity with bubbles.

4.
Stress Ball Balloons
A great way to discuss emotions.

5.
Discovery Bottles
Discovery bottles filled with some interesting objects.

6.
Pretend, Create & Learn with Play-dough
Links to many play-dough activities.

7.
Cinnamon autumn playdough: leaf prints

8.
How to Make an Apple Pie and see the World
A variety of apple activities.

9.
Water Bottle Collages
An extremely simple activity.

10.
5 Minute Fairy Wands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I read them all and I appreciate each one. I often reply to comments so feel free to check back for a response.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates