Monday, August 9, 2010

Recipe for Goop

Recipe for Goop

I found this online somewhere. It seems to be a popular recipe, but I found it listed as silly putty, but it comes out more like goop or gack. I tried this a while ago with the kids and it worked great after drying out for a day. They could mold it however they wanted. They could make a ball that would actually bounce. I was looking for the rubbery texture of silly putty, but this worked out well and they enjoyed it. It lasts for about a week or even longer if refrigerated.

Recipe:
2 parts Elmer's Glue
1 Part Liquid Starch
Optional: Food Coloring.


Pour starch slowly over the glue and mix.
If it is too sticky you can add more starch.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
It may need to dry out a bit before you can use it.
Store in an air tight container or plastic bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I read them all and I appreciate each one. I often reply to comments so feel free to check back for a response.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates