I am behind on my blog posts, but am hoping to post some of the activities I’ve done over these past couple of months. During the month of February, I made raspberry play-dough for Valentines. The more obvious choice was chocolate, but I had already done that for the month of January. The raspberry smelled good and came out a pinkish reddish color.
Here is the recipe that I used.
- 2 cups flour,
- 1 cup salt,
- 2 table spoons vegetable oil,
- 2 table spoons cream of tartar,
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- A few drops of raspberry extract,
- A couple drops of red food coloring.
- A few drops glycerin.
- 1. Mix dry ingredients.
- 2. Stir in oil.
- 3. Add water and mix until lumps are gone and it comes together.
- 4. Then kneed. Add scent, food coloring and or glycerin for shininess at kneading stage.
Store in an air tight container.